Charmed Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14 March 2019.
What Personal Information We Collect And When We Collect It
Personal Information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use and store the following Personal Information about you which we have grouped into the following categories:
If you create an account on our website, we will collect your title, name, email address, IP address, password, contact number, gender and date of birth.
- When you place an order through our online shop, we will collect your Personal Information such as your title, name, email address, IP address, telephone or mobile number, billing and delivery addresses and purchase history. We will also collect Personal Information in relation to the payment you made to us via any third-party website (such as PayPal) in order to process your order.
- When you provide a review of our products and our performance on a third-party platform (such as on Trustpilot), we may collect Personal Information such as your name, email address and the opinions expressed in your review.
- When you have consented to receive marketing and technical information from us, we will collect your name, email address and your preferences as to the types of marketing and technical information in relation to our products you would like to receive from us.
- When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone), we may keep a record of the email you send to us and the information you provide us with at the time.
- If you submit a job application to us, we will collect your contact details and any other information that you provide in the application.
- When you complete a survey, we collect the information you provide to us to for research purposes.
- When you participate any of our competitions, we collect the information you provide to us to run the competition and for any other purposes communicated to you when you enter the competition.
- When you visit this website, we may collect information such as your geolocation, weblogs and other communication that is available from the browser.
- Please note that we do not collect any special categories of Personal Information (i.e. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition, sex life and sexual orientation, generic data and biometric data).
What Other Information We Collect Via Our Website And Cookies
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect information about your website usage such as information about your equipment, browsing actions, IP address, GPS location, mobile phone service provider and operating system and patterns. We aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our websites and mobile applications so that we can improve them and the services we offer. GPS location data does not typically identify individual users. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Our website uses a limited number of cookies, namely:
- Cookies required for the functioning of our website (e.g. to maintain your shopping basket up to date and/or reviewed products);
- Cookies required by Google Analytics in order to measure your website usage and improve the experience for our visitors on an ongoing basis.
These cookies collect the information about your website usage, namely what pages you visit, how long you stay on each section of the website and what links you click on.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- To manage our relationship with you which will include: registering you as a new account holder, completing your purchase transactions, managing payments and charges, notifying you of product recalls or provide information concerning products you have purchased, notifying you about changes to our terms and conditions of sale on the basis that it is necessary in order to perform our contract with you or because we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
- To administer and protect our business and the service and products we provide to you (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) on the basis that it is necessary in order to perform our contract with you or because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (i.e. for running the services you use, or providing administration and IT services, network security, or preventing prevent fraud).
- To advertise our products to you, send you our offers by email, to identify your product and service preferences (so that we can improve our merchandise selections, customer service and overall shopping experience), to notify you of new or additional products, services and promotions that might be of interest to you and to measure the effectiveness of these activities.
We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- We may contact you for market research purposes. We will do so on the basis that you have consented to us processing your Personal Information in this way. You can always stop receiving marketing information from us at any time as these communications provide easy ways to unsubscribe.
- To respond to your requests or queries and improve the content of our communications on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- To process and deliver our products to you, including reviewing our clients’ campaign evaluations, managing payments, collecting and recovering money owed to us on the basis that it is necessary in order to perform our contract with you.
Change Of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep your details on your account up to date.
How We Ensure The Security Of Your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, we have put in place appropriate security measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect via our website. We also limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, subcontractors and other third-parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and any Personal Information you will provide is done at your own risk. These websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any to these websites.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We may disclose your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligations (for example our insurers and HMRC).
- If we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you or otherwise injuring or interfering with our rights, property or operations, other users of this website or mobile application or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- With our affiliates, contractors and agents in the normal course of business for delivery of the activities to which you have agreed to.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a product line or division, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of our insolvency.
- Please note that that we will not sell or rent your Personal Information without your prior consent to any third parties.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
We only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, the nature and sensitivity of your personal information, the potential harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve these purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
Where We Store Your Personal Information And How It Is Kept Secure
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain of our website (i.e. your account), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Some of the information you provide to us will be transmitted electronically (e.g. information provided via our website or email). We would remind you that the information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect any information transmitted in this way, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
We have put in place appropriate measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Some Personal Information you have provided to us is stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom and on the Cloud.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator (the Information Commissioner in the UK) of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your Rights In Relation To The Personal Information We Hold
You have the right to:
Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the information's accuracy; (b) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.